Saturday, June 20, 2009

SATURDAY TOUR OF BARCELONA

Today we walked around Barcelona. There are so many streets like this but usually they are wider and busier. It was funny...my 3 girls were shopping and I was getting bored. I told them I'd meet them back at the hotel. I zigzagged back and forth through the streets and guess who I met? My family as you see here!
=====

Many street performers await the visitor when you walk into a plaza.
=====

See Columbus pointing out to the sea? This is his famous monument that depicts the event when he arrived back from his first trip to the Americas and King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella met him.

=====


Approching the monument
=====

Monument now in full view. Of course it is so tall I couldn't get it into a single frame. I like how this pic turned out almost heavenly. I thought of how Columbus knew the Lord and felt it was his destiny to explore the world by sea. Just think of how he discovered the Americas and where we live today! (Psa 107:23-24) Those who go down to the sea in ships, Who do business on great waters, {24} They see the works of the LORD, And His wonders in the deep.
=====



This is the base of the monument. There was so much detail all up and around it that now my family was getting bored waiting for me! (James 1:3-4) knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. {4} But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.











No comments: